Axel Rau schrieb:
> Am 18.05.2010 um 14:11 schrieb Guido Tschakert:
>
>> I would say your Server is __the__ single point of failure (sure the
>> switch is also a spof but normally I'm more worried about servers then
>> switches)
> Yes, but it has 2 power supplies and redundant disks. If the mini pwr supply
> of the single switch dies, I'm loosing.
Oh, yes and it has two mainboards and you have two ups for all the
things. ;-)
Have you thought of two internet connections from two different providers?

Sorry I don't want to bother you, I just want to say that achieving
redundancy is not that easy like you described it in your first message.

The first question is:
What problem are you trying to resolve?
Or in your case: How much redundancy do you want/need?

> Also a 2nd server is in the pipeline...

Ok, that's fine.

guido

Btw: it would be great for the archive, if you got it working, that you
send a message to the list, describing your configuration.