On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 07:02:23PM +0200, Axel Rau wrote:
> Am 20.05.2010 um 00:04 schrieb Henning Brauer:
>
> >* Axel Rau <axel....@chaos1.de> [2010-05-19 10:34]:
> >>Now the question: Can I put a trunk on top of a carp?
> >
> >you put carp on top of the trunk of course.
> OK.
> Can I have a trunk connected to 2 different switches then?

Not normally. Some higher-end switches can support this, eg the
HP Procurve switches running their K-series software can do something
they call distributed trunking (and no doubt Cisco and other vendors all
call it something else). But as I think you were talking about using
cheapish Netgear switches it's unlikely to be possible.

Graham Allan
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota