Am 10.06.2010 14:08, schrieb Joerg Zinke:
Hi,

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 22:07:08 +0200
Markus Hennecke<markus-henne...@markus-hennecke.de>  wrote:

Am 09.06.2010 20:35, schrieb umaxx:

I have a "PowerServer M" with Opteron 1210 which runs fine with
4.7-stable and native(!) IPv6.

Does the "PowerServer M" still got the serial console option?

Yes, I used serial console for installation and it is still listed in
feature list of the server offer too.

A guy
working at Strato told me that it was left out for marketing reasons
to make the virtual servers look better.

He seems to be wrong.

I think I did not formulate the sentence right, he said that they left it out of the description because of marketing reasons. His server got a serial console too, but it is not on the page with the server features from where you can order a server.

Ok, marketing and reason in
one sentence does not make any sense. I still got the old "M" server
with the athlon and I have to disable ACPI to make it run correctly.

I did not need to disable ACPI.

Which mainboard and CPU does your server got? Mine is still an Athlon 3200+ with a mainboard that uses nvidia crap. Yes, I have been using this server a for some releases of OpenBSD :)

So I guess you got a newer model.

Kind regards,
  Markus