Hello Thomas,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Tomas Bodzar <tomas.bod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Alexander Farber
> <alexander.far...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM, umaxx <um...@oleco.net> wrote:
>>> http://wiki.bsdforen.de/howto/strato_mr2_openbsd
>>> for initial installation procedure since dettus.net was not really
>>> working for me cause of MBR boot issues (probably my fault).

>>> Yes.
>>
>> I've now rented Strato's SR-7 server and since the dettus.net
>> method (cat floppy47.fs > /dev/sda) doesn't work for me,
>> I'm trying the qemu method you've suggested, but
>
> Where on that page is sentence that you need to use cat floppy47.fs >
> /dev/sda? Read this http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html before trying
> someones old and untrusted methods and after that try to install
> something.
>

>>  qemu -hda install.img -cdrom install47.iso -boot d
>>
>> stucks during right at the beginning of the boot:

>> boot> booting cd0a:/4.7/amd64/bsd.rd: ...numbers....
>>
>> Should I disable anything to make the kernel boot?
>
> Are you trying this on 64bit machine, with 64bit OS and 64bit Qemu?

yes, yes and yes:

CentOS 5.5 64-bit at the "Strato HighQ-Server SR-7"
with AMD Quad Opteron 1381 and the qemu from CentOS packages.

It hangs when starting install47.iso (AMD64)
right after I enter ENTER or "-c" or "boot -c"
(I was hoping to enter "disable acpi"...)

Regards
Alex

PS: I couldn't change to Hetzner.de because
       I'm locked for 12 months by the Strato's contract

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of
qemu-haengt.png]