On 6/15/2010 5:02 AM, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Stuart Henderson<s...@spacehopper.org>
wrote:
On 2010-06-15, LeviaComm Networks NOC<n...@leviacomm.net>  wrote:
One last thing, Is there a reason that you are doing a router-on-a-stick
configuration?  I ask only because they tend to cause more headaches
then they are worth, as Gigabit NICs are pretty much a dime-a-dozen
nowadays.

I dispute this. I've had much more trouble running multiple nics
(buggy PC BIOSes and resource allocation) than with "router-on-a-stick".

I agree. I do router on a stick all the time with VLANs. It works great.

Bryan

I only recent converted over to The Great Puffy from years of dealing with brain-dead Linux distros and Slowaris. I have also preferred multi-NIC routers for the performance gain and the slight security gain. I am also used to NICs that don't handle VLANs well.

-Christopher