I've had no luck Googling this issue so thought I'd ask the experts.

Ok we have 4 firewalls providing internet connectivity whose internal interfaces
are on a single shared subnet, although the IPs are different. Outbound traffic
from the various hosts on this subnet are distributed across the firewalls by
setting the firewall internal IP's as the various different GW addresses. i.e.
Hosts A/B/C/D use FW1 as their GW, hosts E/F/G/H use FW2 as their gateway etc.

Ok so my problem is this. We have a single monitoring host that needs to send
outbound traffic (ICMP) via the 4 different Firewalls to the _SAME_ remote
address. e.g. Send ICMP to www.apple.com via FW1 then send ICMP via FW2 to
www.apple.com, FW3 etc.

Agreeing with the other two, do you really need to setup your network in that way?