I have got a few pledges for hp laptops.  I have gotten good (as in bad)
test reports of the following models that fail one way or another:
* HP eb8730w
* HP nw9440
* HP Mini 5102
* HP 530

I think we have 2 major acpi issues with these.  One of them looks like
an aml bug where we don't dereference an object deep enough and some
thermal zone issues.  Unfortunately it seems that these are 2 distinct
issues and therefore potentially require 2 laptops to figure them out.
The laptops in question are relatively cheap on ebay so I think we can
make do with about $800USD worth for 2 machines.

One of these machines fails to boot; different class of bug but very
interesting nonetheless to fix.

I am 25% there with pledges.  So if you are interested in getting these
2 bugs fixed send me an email with the pledge amount. I won't accept
cash until we have enough to actually order machines.

Oh and so that you know once these bugs are fixed we'll try to make
these laptops suspend and resume (an entire different beast!).  And
after that the laptops will go to a developer who needs a laptop to work
on.

Please contact me at ma...@openbsd.org and not on the list.