Hello fellow openbsd fans,

While preparing a test environment for my upgrade to openbsd 4.7 I ran into a
slight problem. My current setup uses route-to rules to send out traffic back
out on the interface it received it on like this:

pass out on $ext_if2 route-to ($ext_if1 $ext_if1_router) from ($ext_if2)
pass out on $ext_if1 route-to ($ext_if2 $ext_if2_router) from ($ext_if2)

After changing this to

pass out on $ext_if2 from ($ext_if2) route-to ($ext_if1 $ext_if1_router)
pass out on $ext_if1 from ($ext_if1) route-to ($ext_if2 $ext_if2_router)

and applying this to a fresh install of openbsd 4.7 this only seems to work
when I enable multi-path routing with 2 default gateways. This has the
disadvantage that all traffic gets sent out round-robin, which is not what I
want.

Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? This setup does seem to
work on openbsd 4.5, didn't try 4.6 yet, but will do so later today to see if
it works there.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Maikel Verheijen