Hi All,

After a lot of testing I found out that my problem is appearing when I use
NATTED links as my uplinks. When I use  routed ip addresses without NAT my
route-to setup is working for openbsd 4.5 and 4.7. When using route-to over at
least 1 link with NAT (I've tested it with both an openbsd NAT on the current
gateways and a linux gateway with iptables) it doesn't seem to be changing the
route as I expected it would.

For now my problem is solved, since I use public ip addresses for my gateways,
so it turns out I need to have a test setup that also uses live addresses
(like I do now).

Thanks to all who helped me track this down and replied to me on and off the
list.

Kind regards,

Maikel Verheijen