On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 01:22:33PM +0200, Mattieu Baptiste wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| I'd like to upgrade my main machine with something more up to date.
| Every parts are already chosen but my main concern is the graphics
| card. I thought about a Radeon HD 4670 which seems to have DRM support
| in -current. Is it a good choice to you ?

Not sure about your precise card. According to radeon(4) this is an
RV730 and it should be supported, but best to check yourself. Not sure
about the DRM support status though.

| I was also wondering whether the "dual-link" DVI models are correctly
| supported in a dual head setup or if I have to go with two real DVI
| outputs.

dual-link DVI is for high resolution (higher than 1920x1200) output.
If you want two monitors, you need two DVI outputs (which will
probably both be dual-link, if it's anything recent (and RV730 is)).

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                http://www.undeadly.org/