On 07/27/10 11:09, Jose P.G wrote:
When i installed OpenBSD 4.4 with gnome all i needed to do is "pkd_add
gnome-session". I am back using OpenBSD but now apparently as you said is
different (also, i never used ports so i really don't know how it works).
Can you tell me where i can find the information?
Here<http://www.openbsdsupport.org/gnome-GDM.html>says nothing about
that. Thank you very much for your help.

I ran into this issue the other day when I installed Gnome using gnome-session, per the documentation. I suggest before running gdm and attempting to log in that way, you start gnome with startx and an .xinitrc. This will let you see the error messages from gnome once you close X.

In my case it became apparent very quickly that for some reason things like gnome-desktop and gnome-panel (and probably more) had not been installed, so when it started up it really was running all of gnome that was installed, which was pretty much the wallpaper.

I do not believe the output from the gnome-session install told me that I needed to install more for gnome to even work, rather it suggested some other packages I may want on top of the functional base.