On 15 August 2010 00:16, Jiri B. <ji...@live.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 13:08:57 +0000 (UTC)
> Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm occasionally working on a port of icinga which looks quite
>> interesting (forked from nagios a while ago, it's still compatible
>> but has diverged quite a bit now - many problems have been fixed
>> and improvements made, in particular the UI has been totally
>> replaced). Would have been done sooner, but despite its
>> general crappiness and the many improvements that could be made,
>> nagios actually works surprisingly well...
>
> There's another fork of Nagios - http://opsview.com/ - which looks they
> gets huge list of enterprise users (just checking the web only).
>
> jirib

Don't even bother to try - it's basically just a shitty web-frontend
for nagios. It does not sort any of it's problems, and brings new
ones. Did i mention it's shit and brings a lot of configuration and
performance pain?
Our monitoring solutions team wanted to switch to it from nagios
(after all the pain of going to nagios from BigBrother), thanks god
we've convinced them not to do that. But it does have nice support.

--
The best the little guy can do is what
the little guy does right