I've done some digging online, but can't seem to find any pointers as to what
is
going on...

I am running OpenBSD 4.7, and just installed the ISC DHCP 4.2 tarball. (the
isc-dhcp in ports is only version 3)

I have two network segments on my internal LAN.

When running the ISC 4.2 dhcpd (using the old config file) in the
foreground/debugging (-f or -f -d), clients on both my wired lan (segment 1)
and
wireless lan (segment 2) can obtain IP addresses just fine.  When running the
dhcpd server is daemon mode, only the wired lan clients can obtain IP addresses.

FYI, the wired lan segment has its IP address range listed first in the
dhcpd.conf file.

I've tried disabling pf as well, but that didn't make any difference.

Any suggestions on to what I can do to start digging into what is going on and
how to fix it?

Thanks,

Michael