Chris Cappuccio wrote:
Benny L??fgren [bl-li...@lofgren.biz] wrote:
(I've long wished for a privsep apache with separate chroot():s for
every virtual domain... one of these days I'm gonna have to look
into it, but I suppose it's not trivial to implement or someone
would have done it by now. :-) )
I think people do this today by just running multiple daemons, one
> under each uid, binding each one to a different IP (or to a different
> port and using a reverse proxy on port 80)

Of course it would be convenient if the system could multiplex it for
> you with one master daemon

Yes, that's how I currently do things too, but it's an inconvenient solution to the problem, mainly because Apache doesn't lend itself well to be run in multiple instances on the same server (and the hassle of needing a reverse proxy introduces another level of complexity).

/B

--
internetlabbet.se     / work:   +46 8 551 124 80      / "Words must
Benny Lvfgren        /  mobile: +46 70 718 11 90     /   be weighed,