I'm pretty sure IPv6 forwarding and accepting routing advertisements
will be a necessity going forward. At the current time I don't know of
any other way to dynamically find the default route in IPv6, necessary
for end user gateways on consumer ISPs. Even using DHCPv6 your default
gateway is found only via routing advertisements, and they have added
the Prefix Delegation option to DHCPv6 to provide end user gateways
with their address space, DHCP will take care of providing the ISP
their forwarding information at that point.

This is all based on what I've seen discussed and read myself, if I've
misunderstood something speak up.