On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 15:41:12 +0200
Joachim Schipper <joac...@joachimschipper.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 08:42:04AM -0400, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> > I have to build a new mail relay host, and would like to use spamd and
> > smtpd on OpenBSD.  I'm required to provide antivirus scanning of mail
> > contents, however.  Has anyone attached any antivirus software to this
> > combination?
> >
> > I'm well aware that spamd stops a vast amount of viruses, but I'm not
> > the one writing the requirements.
> >
> > Thanks for any hints,
>
> While smtpd is not production-ready, so this may not be the best idea,
> you can easily integrate pretty much anything with procmail/maildrop;
> smtp has a "deliver to mda" option to integrate with either.
>
>               Joachim
>
> --
> TFMotD: mblen (3) - get number of bytes in a multibyte character
> http://www.joachimschipper.nl/

The spamcontrol patch (fehcom.de) for qmail has a simple mimetype filter
if you just want to fulfill the requirement and at wirespeed and also
comes with qhpsi (qmail high performance scanner) for clamav/fprot or
any other scanner. I personally leave QHPSI switched off, preferring
client side scanning (heuristic scanners always have bugs).

Perhaps you could use the recent and past clamav bugs to persuade your
client to change his requirements or use a proxy filter.

p.s. your book was awesome in my early OpenBSD days!

Kc