* Clint Pachl <pa...@ecentryx.com> [2010-10-23 03:11]:
> I've been using an IBM Thinkpad T22 (P3 900MHz) laptop for quite
> some time and I want to upgrade. I am looking for some expert advice
> on what to upgrade to in the Thinkpad T-Series.
>
> Two main considerations:
>
> 1. Core Duo 32-bit (T60) or Core 2 Duo 64-bit (T61)? I've only used
> i386, should I think about amd64?

shouldn't make a difference. personally, I run i386 anyway.

> 2. I would like graphics hardware acceleration. I know I need to
> stay away from nVidia. The T60 comes with ATI Radeon and the T61 is
> the integrated Intel 965GM.
>
> Is there anything else I need to be concerned with regarding OpenBSD
> on the T-Series? What would you guys choose and why?

T61. why?

LVDS connected 1400x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 287mm x
215mm

these are a bit hard to find tho. but I really don't see the point in
an XGA 14" display (XGA is for 12" :)), and I hate all that widescreen
shit. 14.1" 1400x1050 is awesome.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de