On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:56:26 +0200
Henning Brauer <lists-open...@bsws.de> wrote:

> I hate all that widescreen
> shit. 14.1" 1400x1050 is awesome.

Hear, Hear. I'm not alone in the quest that gets harder every day.

I've seen a "revolutionary" panasonic tv advert recently that reckons
they're tv is "cinema proportion" at 21:9. Rediculous, I've never seen a
cinema that shape and wouldn't go if there was one. The local 3d Imax
is almost square and it's much better!!.

I'm not sure if the problem is those stupid bullshit papers with the
"finger test" that reckon your eyes work in widescreen, EVEN THOUGH THE
PUPILS ARE ROUND AND FOCUS ON A SINGLE POINT or film makers wanting
people to have a worse experience at home and so pay to go to the
cinema, what are those black lines on dvds for anyway????.

IMHO, if it wasn't a challenge or more expensive to make screens round
then they would have stayed that way and then we wouldn't have all this
rubbish.

Kc