Hello,

I happily and dutifully purchase each CD-ROM release.

Many of us receive these CDs prior to the official release date.

It is my understanding/experience that many of the binary packages are not
available on the CD, and I must wait for them to be released, and then copy
them down to my local install server.  If "early access" to the new release is
an intended benefit of the CDs, (which it may not be, I don't know), then I
for one, am not able to realize this benefit, because I need a lot of packages
that are not included on the CD.  I then contribute to "server overload" right
after the release date, to ftp all these packages.

Here is an idea for an additional release media product:

        DVD-ROM, including complete release and packages for i386 and amd64, and
source

I would happily pay more for this product than I currently do for the CDs.

Possibly the reduction from 3 CDs to 1 DVD might reduce packaging and might be
considered more "green".  Having all the packages would keep people like me
from
having to download these packages over the Internet, saving bandwidth charges
for those hosting public access.

Just a suggestion.

Regards

Don