>> Here is an idea for an additional release media product:
>>
>>      DVD-ROM, including complete release and packages for i386 and amd64, and
>> source
>
> This will be a lot more work for me to make.

Understood, and maybe this is reason enough to not do this.

>> I would happily pay more for this product than I currently do for the CDs.
>
> And others might not.  I don't know if it will offset.

I am not proposing that you stop the traditional CDROM.

Clearly, if it is lot of work for you to produce the DVD, and the resulting
DVD revenue is not enough, then this is a bad idea, and a poor use of your
time.

> I have also not yet invested the time into making 4 architectures
> boot off 2 media.

For me, the ability to boot of the install media is not a requirement.  I do
all my installs via pxeboot.

If there were enough room on the DVD, you could also provide the CDROM ISOs.
If a user REALLY needed bootable media, they could
burn the ISOs to CDROMs, and do that.

Again, these are only suggestions.

You understand your user/customer base infinitely better than I do.
Obviously it is your decision what "products" you choose to offer.