On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Brad Tilley <b...@16systems.com> wrote:
> On 10/31/2010 04:01 PM, Diana Eichert wrote:
>
>> excuses only go for so long. B I tell you IPv6 deployment is moving
>> forward.
>
> Perhaps we can shame them into facing facts:
>
> $ dig +short AAAA www.netbsd.org
> 2001:4f8:3:7:2e0:81ff:fe52:9a6b
>
> $ dig +short AAAA www.freebsd.org
> 2001:4f8:fff6::21
>
> $ dig +short AAAA www.openbsd.org
> silence

 $ dig +short AAAA www.ubuntu.com
silence

Unbelievably they are in conspiracy with us :-)

$ dig +short -n AAAA www.dragonflybsd.org
leaf.dragonflybsd.org.

Oh, they are ahead, they use v7 - names  :-)

"Must" change HW hype started already even in our country when there
is simply no practical offer for connection over IPv6 (for normal
people), but you know that 1984-like style of comments - Think about
future, change your device to be IPv6 ready ; Everyone will be
switching start with it today too ; Your Internet will not be running
if you don't change because all services will be IPv6 only and
similar. The best ones will be available soon for sure - If you don't
have IPv6 then you are against us ; Only terrorists don't have IPv6
and similar :-)

There is IPv6 in OpenBSD and some people use it. Those numbers will be
growing for sure, but can't see reason for panic.