At 04:01 AM 11/12/2010, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

If you insist and I don't know about the latest version, then vmware is
likely much more reliable than virtualbox but still more problematic
than a true install. There is a blog on the virtual box site by theo
stating he can't believe any OS allows the problems virtualbox
introduces(d).

VirtualBox might have problems, but at least it produces a working install with a UI - VMWare seems to have so many variations that they forgot to include a USABLE one without purchasing the expensive management tools.

We did find out that VirtualBox must run on a hardware-capable platform [AMD-3 or better] to successfully build an OBSD image, however.

        Lee