On 13 November 2010 01:50, Chet Langin <clan...@siu.edu> wrote:
> [...]

True.  Based on the research performed by Tavis Ormandy at Google [1],
the weakest virtual machine can become an entry point to then be used
to subvert the host server or other adjacent virtual machines.

So it seems to me that security in a virtualized environment is
limited to the combination of the security of the least secure exposed
VM and the security of the host.

Exploit a vulnerable VM and then it's vulnerable host and you now own
all the VM's served by that host, including the OpenBSD ones.

If OpenBSD is not in control of ring zero, you lose.

Alas, sometimes we have no choice.

1. http://taviso.decsystem.org/virtsec.pdf

Shane