On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 07:30:05PM +0100, Kai Wirt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have a question regarding the mail queue of OpenSMTPD. I have a message
> which seems to be stuck in there.
> mailq says:
>
> Message  Envelope
> q0SbgP8S <sender> -> <recepient> [buf_read: connection closed]
>
> After a few hours i tried to reschedule the message manually. As the
> Man page for smtpctl states the schedule command marks a message for
> immediate delivery. However
> smtpctl schedule all and smtpctl schedule q0SBgP8S didn't work as well.
>
> Can you give me a hint on how to trigger off immediate message delivery?
> Or is it at least possible to bounce the message back?
>
> Is there a wwy to configure the retry invterval of OpenSMTPD? The only thing
> i found was the
> expire command in smtpd.conf.

Hi,

You really need to post the output of smtpd -dv while you reproduce the issue
otherwise it's impossible to guess what's happening ;-)

As a side note, smtpd is under development and you should not use the -stable
version of it but track -current. The queue code you're currently using has
been backed out recently.

Gilles

--
Gilles Chehade