h...@stare.cz (Jan Stary), 2010.12.13 (Mon) 09:15 (CET):
> On Dec 13 12:01:58, OpenBSD Geek wrote:
> > I have 100 users in groups : clients, and ftp_group
> > How can i remove these 100 users from ftp_group ?
> > I have already try usermod, but it only add users to group, not remove.
> > Is there a way to achieve my task ?
> Sadly, no. These users will be members of these groups forever.
> There's nothing you can do about it. You can only reinstall.

And do not forget to wipe your hard disk to make sure you have a clean
re-install!

Jan, you just brightened my monday morning, thanks!

On the more serious side and for the OP: how about the unix way of
combining simple tools to accomplish more complex tasks:
1) use id(1) to get the groups
2a) use sed(1) to get rid of the unwanted ones
2b) use tr(1) to get a newline seperated list and grep(1) to get rid of
    the unwanted groups.
3) use tr(1) again to transform the new list to a format suitable for
   usermod(8).
4) feed ``usermod -G'' the new list.

OR just ``vi /etc/groups''.