mar...@bzero.se (Martin Hedenfalk), 2011.01.20 (Thu) 17:25 (CET):

[snip martinh@ checked ldapd config]

> > Im now stuck at the point of configuring NFS to use LDAPD for authentication
> > and access to the network mount points. At this point, I only want to allow
> > network access to the /home partition on the server.

this is the OpenBSD nfs server, isn't it?

> You need to find some documentation about how mac os x integrates with
> ldap. Googling for 'nfs ldap mac' seems to give some relevant results.
> > I would also like to
> > know how to add user accounts to the LDAPD server, as Im unsure how
> > to do this. Also, it will be Mac OS X 10.6 clients that will be
> > using the NFS and LDAPD server.
> Either use a GUI frontend of your choice, or use the openldap-client
> (available as a package) command line tool. With the latter you need to
> write the ldif file yourself.

thats the easy part, adding user info to ldap. As far as I know the hard
part follows when teaching OpenBSD to use that user info, as we are
talking about an OpenBSD nfs server (as far as I've understood the OP).

1) port/package sysutils/login_ldap, see login_ldap(8) after pkg_add and
   login.conf(5) as well. Each and every user will have to have an entry
   in passwd(5) with your_login_class specified.

OR

2) yp(8) and ypldap(8). Have not tried that myself.

OR

3) use ``BSDAUTH'' prefix for the attribute ``userPassword'' (see
   src/usr.sbin/ldapd/auth.c). This causes ldapd(8) to compare the
   specified password with the one in passwd(5). This requires users to
   have an entry in passwd(5), of course. It helps only if your
   service is talking to ldapd(8) directly for password checks but you
   want the passwords to be stored in passwd(5).

Bye,

Marcus