On 3 February 2011 03:13,  <travis+ml-openbsd-m...@subspacefield.org> wrote:
> Update: I have it on fairly good authority that this behavior is
> considered a bug in the Linux kernel, which will be fixed as soon as
> someone gets around to it. If you are a kernel maintainer and know
> more about this issue, or are willing to fix it, I'd love to hear from
> you!

I'd suggest that

(a) an OpenBSD mailing list probably isn't the best place to talk
     about Linux kernel bugs or go looking for maintainers

(b) you patch your systems. Linux 2.4.9 is of a similar age
     to OpenBSD 3.0, says Google: released nine+ years ago.
     Linux 2.4.20 is a year or so newer than that

(c) you retest with a newer Linux kernel before reporting any
      bugs, once you have located the appropriate non-OpenBSD
      fora in which to do so

That said, I suppose you _could_ use this behaviour to populate
chroots, since you can use it for individual files and directories,
as well as whole filesystems. But OpenBSD preference seems
to be to keep such places as desolate as possible, so what use?

John