On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 16:02:31 +0100, Pieter Verberne wrote:
Hello,

See thread at the bottom. I have also problems reading files while
mounting from Ubuntu. I cannot read files larger than +/- 18KB.

/etc/exports:
/home/pieter localhost 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2 10.0.2.15

On Ubuntu:
$ sudo mount.nfs lilium:/home/pieter pieter_mount/ -w
$ cat pieter_mount/test.txt     # 17069 bytes
[ output ]
$ cat pieter_mount/test1.txt    # 18483 bytes
[ no output. cat keeps running; `ps aux | grep cat`
pieter    3095  0.0  0.0   3896   244 pts/15   D+   15:35 0:00 cat
pieter_mount/test1.txt ]

When I mount the same export on the OpenBSD machine it works fine:
$ sudo mount -t nfs localhost:/home/pieter/ /mount_test/
$ cat /mount_test/test1.txt
[output]

So could be an Ubuntu (and MacOS?) bug. I don't have another Unix/Linux
computer to try on right now.

Also, I'm not able to write on the exports. From both Ubuntu and
OpenBSD(localhost).

$ touch test
touch: cannot touch `test': Read-only file system

It says Read-only _file system_. Could this have anything to do with
file permissions or the -maproot -allmap options?

`portmap -d` and `mountd -d` gives no errors. I tried disabling pf. No
result. No interesting things in /var/log/messages

Thanks to Jason for a hint. I explicitly have to say to the nfs client
to use UDP instead of TCP. It looks like TCP support is broken in some
way? It doesn't work with Ubuntu, MacOS and I found out that mounting
from a QNAP doesn't work either.

And, is there a way to make nfs working with the pf scrub option? I'm
using pppoe and have a NAT, see

man 4 pppoe
Problems can arise on machines with private IPs connecting to the
Internet via a machine running both Network Address Translation (NAT) and
pppoe.

So in my pf.conf is
match on $ext_if scrub (max-mss 1280)

Is there any way to make nfs working on $ext_if?