On Feb 14, 2011, at 3:32 PM, Ron McDowell wrote:
> Or just get an Alix board http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3d3.htm [available
stateside from netgate.com] for projects like this.  AMD Geode CPU, common
VGA/USB keyboard input, i386 versions of most OSes work, I have 4.7 i386
running on one with a couple 500gb USB drives as a backup server.

I'll second that -- makes a great personal firewall.  Also, I bought mine
directly from pcengines.ch -- got it in like 3 days.  I was amazed.  Had to
get the P/S from netgate (though it will take anything from 5v-18v).  I loved
'em so much with OpenBSD on 'em I ended up buying a bunch for OOB connection
to servers. . .

Sean