Thank you for your replies, I'm attaching some infos that may be useful:

>> I'm running OpenSMTP on a raspberry PI B+ with Arch Linux ARM. Before
>> moving to the PI, I ran the same config I now have on the PI on an old
amd
>> x86 computer.
>>
>> I'm not receiving thousands of mails / second so a PI is fine for a very
>> small headless server. Plus I don't waste 200W ;)
>>
>> I'm unfortunately experiencing an issue with automated startup at boot.
>> I've enabled smtpd.service "systemctl enable smtpd" (smtpd.service file
has
>> not been altered). When the PI boots (once the server will be up and
>> running that won't happen very often but it can happen) everything starts
>> fine (even nginx and other network related stuff) but smtpd fails.
>>
>> Looking to logs with journalctl that's what I find:
>> "smtpd: invalid virtual ip or interface: eth0"
>>
>> I've no idea why I get such an error, since smtpd service is started
"After
>> = network.target". Does anyone have any guess?
>>

>is smtpd started before nginx and others ?
>does it fail if started after the others ?

look at the attached txts for "systemctl" and "systemctl list-dependencies"

Also this is the smtpd.service file:
"
[Unit]
Description=OpenSMTPD
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/bin/smtpd

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
"

> Il 10/08/2014 16:10, Stefano Balzan ha scritto:
>
>  Looking to logs with journalctl that's what I find:
>> "smtpd: invalid virtual ip or interface: eth0"
>>

> Hi Stefano, I think this isn't a smtpd issue: as ArchLinux should have
> dropped generic name for network interfaces, you should try to see if eth0
> actually exists. What is the responce of `ip addr`?
>
> Fabio
>
> --
> You received this mail because you are subscribed to misc@opensmtpd.org

You are right, ArchLinux eth interfaces now have random or non conventional
names but surprisingly on the rasp pi arch arm I found out it was still
eth0, I edited the smtd.conf file accordingly.

Here is the smtpd.conf file in case it could be useful:

"

table secrets db:/etc/mail/secrets.db
table vusers  file:/etc/smtpd/vusers

listen on eth0
listen on lo

accept from any for domain "mydomain.no-ip.biz" deliver to mbox
accept from any for domain "mydomain.no-ip.biz" virtual <vusers> deliver to mbox

accept for local deliver to mbox
accept for local virtual <vusers> deliver to mbox

accept for any relay via tls+auth://defa...@smtp.mandrillapp.com:587
auth <secrets>

"

and here the "ip addr" output:

"
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group
default
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
2: ifb0: <BROADCAST,NOARP> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
qlen 32
    link/ether 3a:11:c7:61:96:1f brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: ifb1: <BROADCAST,NOARP> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
qlen 32
    link/ether 36:0c:68:39:7d:a0 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
4: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state
UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether b8:27:eb:da:0c:e4 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.1.8/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global eth0