> Assuming that that is OpenBSD spamd then I may be able to help you
> with your dnsbl desire.
>
> I have a python script that runs every 15 mins (inside the spamd
> whitelist time) that checks for new entries, looks them up against a
> dnsbl and blacklists if appropriate.  Note that this code would be
> provided "as is" & whilst it works for me I make no guarantees as to
> anything.  It probably isn't suitable for anything vaguely high
> volume.
>
> A better hack than what I'm doing currently would be to abuse the
> spamd sync feature which provides a much more timely notification of
> activity, but I haven't found the round tuits to do it and am unlikely
> to do so.
>
> Regards
>
> JC

Hi John,

I’d be interested in looking at your Python script.

I’ve also had a look at other solutions, and there does actually exist one
which might be quite elegant, and which is using PF’s divert(4) functionality.
The project is called pf-diverters and their repository is available here:
https://github.com/echothrust/pf-diverters

The developers are saying this is experimental, and from what I can see, the
last release was for OpenBSD 5.7, but I’m going to have a look at it anyways.
One of the daemons they have is specifically dnsbl related and can have wider
usage than just spam filtering - it’s possible to use it with any other public
facing service. One use case I’ve seen is in front of public facing SSH server
using the CBL maintained by SpamHaus - this list apparently includes IPs used
as sources in multiple types of attacks.

Again - I’m not sure how useful or stable their solution is, but it’s something
I’d be willing to test.

Best Regards,
mike

--