>> Hi,
>>
>> Archlinux kernel 4.17.11 and its repo package opensmtpd 6.0.3p1-2
>>
>> messages sent from imap (dovecot) are not passed through dkimproxy
>> whilst when sending from cli with swaks the dkim signature is added. It
>> is apparent from the dkimproxy log that there is no attempt made to pass
>> the message sent from imap.
>>
>> What I am missing? Appreciate some help to get this sorted. The smptd
>> config:
>>
>> listen on lo port 10028 mask-source tag DKIM
>> accept for local alias <aliases> deliver to lmtp "/var/run/dovecot/lmtp"
>> accept from local for local deliver to lmtp "/var/run/dovecot/lmtp"
>> accept tagged DKIM for any relay
>> accept for any relay via smtp://127.0.0.1:10027
> Are you sure you are sending message via imap? Never heard about such a
> setup before…
>
> Also, your config isn’t listening for messages at all currently from
> that excerpt.

Ok, I did not express the matter correctly apparently since imap and
smpt are 2 different things, my bad.

I meant sending from a mail client (thunderbird) the message is not
passing through the dkimproxy whilst sending from the cli on the server
with swaks it does.

Truncated some line from the smptd config:

listen on lo inet4 port 25 tls hostname mail mask-source tag lo
listen on lo inet4 port 587 smtps hostname mail mask-source tag lo
listen on eth0 inet4 port 25 tls-require hostname mail mask-source tag lan
listen on eth0 inet4 port 587 smtps hostname mail mask-source tag lan
listen on lo port 10028 mask-source tag DKIM

Hope that makes it more clear..