Hi,

I'm using notebook with OpenBSD and every email from mail and from mutt
goes firstly to  OpenSMTPD on localhost and then are relayed to my
server with static IP.

I have been using in OpenBSD 6.7 for mutt

set smtp_url="smtp://127.0.0.1"

but after switch to OpenBSD 7.0, I'm getting from OpenSMTPD

SMTP session failed: 503 5.5.1 Invalid command: Command not supported

mail app is fine, only mutt is not working with 127.0.0.1 25 anymore

I tried to create selfsigned certificate for my localhost to add
authetication, but was not able to set mutt properly. I' now using a
workaround by pointing mutt directly to my relay server, but want to
switch back to original setup (mutt send email to localhost:25 and
then email delivery is handled in background by OpenSMTPD).

Please, is anyone here using mutt with 127.0.0.1 25? I have Mutt 2.1.3
(2021-09-10) on OpenBSD 7.0 (OpenSMTPD 7.0.0).

Also, do I miss something in extract from config bellow to allow AUTH on
localhost?

table secrets file:/etc/mail/secrets

pki ohtar.navratil.lan cert "/etc/ssl/ohtar.navratil.lan.crt"
pki ohtar.navratil.lan key "/etc/ssl/private/ohtar.navratil.lan.key"

listen on socket
listen on lo0 port submission tls pki ohtar.navratil.lan auth-optional <secrets>

Thank you a lot,
Jiří

--
Jiri Navratil, https://nocloud.cz