On 6/15/23 02:05, J Doe wrote:
Hi,

I am making use of: filter-mimedefang for OpenSMTPD.  It is available via a:
pkg_add and installs successfully.

My OpenSMTPD config has the following to configure it:

     /etc/mail/smtpd.conf

         filter check_mime proc-exec "filter-mimedefang.pl -d" \
             user _mdefang group _mdefang

         listen on egress inet4 port 25 tls pki server.com \
             filter check_mime

When I submit either a message with no attachment or a message with an
attachment, I get a temporary error warning:

Jun 14 19:53:58 server smtpd[10317]: 07b3a84220811d32 smtp failed-command command="data"
result="451 Temporary failure, please try again later."

On the off chance that this was resulting from a bug that has not surfaced
before, I downloaded version 0.2 of the OpenSMTPD filter package from the
MIMEDefang website and did a make install, but the problem happens again.

Has anyone run into something like this - either with MIMEDefang or more
generally with OpenSMTPD reporting a transient error ?

Thanks,

- J

Hi,
some questions:
Which MIMEDefang version are you using ?
could you provide a maillog with related MIMEDefang errors ?

 Thanks
  Giovanni