On 6/24/23 01:23, J Doe wrote:
Hi list and Giovanni,

I *think* I might have figured out what was wrong ...

[...]
So it appears that the following steps should be taken when installing the
mimedefang filter for OpenSMTPD:

     $ doas pkg_add filter-mimedefang
     $ doas pkg_add p5-Net-DNS-1.37

     $ doas rcctl enable mimedefang_multiplexor mimedefang
     $ doas rcctl order  mimedefang_multiplexor mimedefang
     $ doas rcctl start  mimedefang_multiplexor
     $ doas rcctl start  mimedefang

This suggests to me that the root cause of the problem is a missing dependency
for the Perl pacakage: Net::DNS ... am I correct ?

Actually MIMEDefang can work without Net::DNS installed, to do that you need to define
"$Features{"Net::DNS"} = 1;" in your MIMEDefang filter and fix your code
accordingly.
In your case you are using a functionality that requires Net::DNS.
I will take a look if I can improve log messaged in this case.
If you can it will be better to update to filter-mimedefang version 0.2,
previous version doesn't remove all temporary files in some cases.
 Regards
  Giovanni