Am 16.08.2023 um 16:58 schrieb Reio Remma:
On 15.08.2023 10:49, Thomas Bohl wrote:

You where already pretty close when you got this line though:
warn: smtpd: /var/vmail/mlmmj/domain/listname/.forward: unsecure file
There was probably just wrong write permissions for the group.

...on the home directory.

I changed permissions from 0700 vmail:vmail to 0750 vmail:smtpd and coaxed a new error out of mlmmj:

/usr/bin/mlmmj-receive[114552]: mlmmj-receive.c:112: Have to invoke either as root or as the user owning listdir Invoked with uid = [997]

So it seems OpenSMTPD is trying to deliver with uid 997 (which is 'smtpd' user on the system), ignoring the uid/git from userinfo table.

That is what the man page says it does (running a command from the .forward file as smtpd). Since the man page of 6.8.0 said the same thing I don't know what changed. I assume you are using a Linux port. Maybe it behaved different from the what was descried.

I don't have a Linux test system at hand to play around. So this is just a guess. But maybe you could use sudo to change the user back to vmail. |sudo -g /vmail -u vmail //usr/bin/mlmmj-receive -L /var/vmail/mlmmj/domain/list/