Hello,

I have set up my account on this mailserver to deliver mail to my Maildir. This
works (as demonstrated by being able to subscribe to this list); now I am trying
to set up the required aliases (postmaster, etc).
I set up the aliases to point to my own address, but I am seeing this error when
sending email to the aliases:

56:56 nas mail.info smtpd[27770]: 4b2a3ccfa487433c mda delivery
evpidK7cc012bedeffe6 from=<[my-test-address]@gmail.com>
to=<postmas...@flowerwings.love> rcpt=<postmas...@flowerwings.love>
user=postmaster delay=1h20m40s result=TempFail stat=Error (temporary
failure: "mail.maildir: No such file or directory")

Could someone help me figure out where this error is coming from?

I have attached my /etc/smtpd/smtp.conf and /etc/smtpd/aliases (my
server runs Alpine Linux).

Thanks

pki flowerwings.love cert "/etc/letsencrypt/live/flowerwings.love/fullchain.pem"
pki flowerwings.love key "/etc/letsencrypt/live/flowerwings.love/privkey.pem"

filter   "rdns" phase connect match   !rdns disconnect "550 DNS error"
filter "fcrdns" phase connect match !fcrdns disconnect "550 DNS error"
filter rspamd proc-exec "filter-rspamd"

table aliases file:/etc/smtpd/aliases

listen on ppp0 tls pki flowerwings.love filter { "rdns", "fcrdns" } hostname
flowerwings.love
listen on lo port submission tls pki flowerwings.love filter rspamd hostname
flowerwings.love

action "local_mail" maildir "/home/%{rcpt.user}/Maildir/INBOX" alias <aliases>
action "outbound" relay helo flowerwings.love

match from any for domain "flowerwings.love" action "local_mail"
match for local action "local_mail"

match for any from local action "outbound"

#  Aliases in this file will NOT be expanded in the header from
#  Mail, but WILL be visible over networks or from
/usr/lib/opensmtpd/mail.local.
#
#       >>>>>>>>>>      The program "newaliases" must be run after
#       >> NOTE >>      this file is updated for any changes to
#       >>>>>>>>>>      show through to smtpd.
#

# Well-known aliases -- this should be filled in!
# root: your-every-day-user

root: 1f338

# Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present
MAILER-DAEMON: postmaster
postmaster: 1f338
operator: 1f338

# General redirections for important pseudo accounts
daemon: root
uucp: root

# Redirections for pseudo accounts that should not receive mail
bin: /dev/null
adm: /dev/null
lp: /dev/null
sync: /dev/null
shutdown: /dev/null
halt: /dev/null
mail: /dev/null
news: /dev/null
man: /dev/null
cron: /dev/null
ftp: /dev/null
sshd: /dev/null
at: /dev/null
squid: /dev/null
gdm: /dev/null
xfs: /dev/null
games: /dev/null
named: /dev/null
mysql: /dev/null
postgres: /dev/null
apache: /dev/null
nut: /dev/null
cyrus: /dev/null
vpopmail: /dev/null
ntp: /dev/null
postfix: /dev/null
smmsp: /dev/null
distcc: /dev/null
guest: /dev/null
nobody: /dev/null

# RFC 2142: NETWORK OPERATIONS MAILBOX NAMES
abuse:          root
# noc:          root
security:       root

# RFC 2142: SUPPORT MAILBOX NAMES FOR SPECIFIC INTERNET SERVICES
# hostmaster:   root
# usenet:       root
# news:         usenet
# webmaster:    root