On Sat, 9 Mar 2024, Paul Pace wrote:

That said, you are exactly correct about the problem with Postfix being an enterprise-grade tool that retains its enterprise-grade complexity. Being "easier to configure than Sendmail" is too low of a bar and I really think that OpenSMTPD is what that vast majority of admins would prefer (vs what they are really doing but won't admit right now - cargo culting their Postfix configurations), but the only OS that genuinely supports OpenSMTPD is OpenBSD (FreeBSD uses Sendmail WTF), so few people have ever even heard of it.

I use OpenSMTPDD for peer to peer email, because it is small and
relatively simple.  I've been able to keep up with old friends thanks to
p2p email, which doesn't depend on DNS, clearnet IPs, etc.

I need to update this article (opensmtpd config has changed since it was
posted), but the p2p setup is another well fitted use of opensmtpd.

https://fedoramagazine.org/decentralize-common-fedora-apps-cjdns/