He was holding the meanest dang dog I have ever put on a lead in my life. This
terrier could kill a coon so fast I couldn't believe what I was watching. Not
only that he dang near killed my black'en white plot hound.

Larry,

This just makes me laugh!  I want a smooth Fox (but now may be getting a German
Pinscher in my future; and I can hear anyone that knows me…not another dog!
LOL) but have a Jack Russell Terrier, by the name of Jackie.  Jackie is the
most lovable, intelligent dog you have ever seen.  He is also a mass murderer
of moles, rats, mice, snakes, squirrels (if he can get them), possums (by
himself), a couple of skunks (he smelled really good after that) and helped
with disposing of a coon (assisted the GP).  This is the ground type JRT (short
legs) and he hunts and works the farm all day long.  He weighs around 13#
(although right now on a diet as he stayed at mom’s and put on weight) and will
take on anything that does not belong in our yard.

Not only does he take care of varmints, he is one of the best heelers of cattle
you have ever seen.  You set him a line not to let the cattle through, and he
gets to work.

This is not only the Fox Terrier…It is in ALL Terriers.  Some more than other,
but they are tenacious dogs that are born hunting and active.  People do not
understand this and think they are just cute.

It just so happens that the Fox and JRT are both a little OCD (obsessive
compulsive disorder) when it comes to their “job,”  they get into a fight mode
and they don’t care who they fight as long as they fight.  It can be a little
bit dangerous in a pack situation as they just don’t turn on and off like other
dogs.  But I do love their personality.

Jackie knows McDonalds is where you get hamburgers and Walmart is where you get
chicken livers when you go in the car, plus so many other things.  My father
has been dead for 3 years now and he will still get excited when he sees a man
that resembles my father.  Too smart sometimes…VBG

Cathy M

Catren's Shar Pei

Catren's Leather Show Accessories