I'm working on a from-scratch m4a soundsource, since my collection of
m4a files has an odd problem with playback that I can't track down in
the current code.

I have the soundsource plugin working for everything but
rewinds, including random seeks (except when I seek to 0, for some
reason).  Example: http://woozle.org/t/exhibita.ogg

I have read
http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/soundsource_interface_sound_proxies and
have implemented what it says, I think.  But I have a few questions in
trying to debug this:

1. If ::seek is called and I can't seek to that exact location, it's
   okay to return the actual place I was able to seek, right?

2. If ::read is called and I don't read that exact number of samples,
   it's okay to return the number of samples I was able to read, right?

3. Warning messages like this seem to coincide with the issue, does
   this indicate I'm doing something wrong, or is this the result of
   the previous question?

   Debug []: Couldn't get chunk  1188  in read() of [ 19473926 , 19474396 ]
chunks  1188 - 1188

Lastly, I would like to know what library the mixxx higher-ups would
prefer I link to.  Currently I am linking to libfaad and libmp4ff, both
provided by the same source.  Documentation on these is pretty sketchy,
but it looks like Ubuntu at least has decided that libmp4ff is no
longer maintained and has quit packaging it.  rryan mentioned there
might be some license issue with libmp4v2.  That leaves (possibly)
ffmpeg for decoding m4a files.

Once I have playback working without errors, I can swap out pretty
easily for libmp4v2 again, or maybe libfaad.  Which would be preferable?

Thanks in advance.

Neale

Live Security Virtual Conference