Hello,
I've doing a little bit coding with mixxx and ffmpeg lately (works with
newest ffmpeg). I get ffmpeg soundsource in shape (compiling and almost
working sound) but because I don't really yet understand all the inner
things in Mixxx I ask these guestions:

I understand that soundsource I asked some amount of 16 bit PCM data but
ffmpeg doesn't fit in. Decoded data
doesn't go as smooth as Mixxx wants. If anybody know what should I do.
Just drop fewer amount of data or do as
in mp3 little bit hackery.. that I didn't quite get yet ;).

Where to add more formats: like wma and aac that works with ffmpeg just
fine? Documents say that method that is supposed
to tell what format are supported is evil.

Is this even wanted hacking? I've though it would be good to have ffmpeg
in soundsource because of formats it supports.
I can't yet see if all the seeking things are fixed. I've been also
wondering if MLT or Gstreamer would be way to go
in Soundsource because ffmpeg is kinda diffucult to make work but
Gstreamer is easier (and support all the formats
that ffmpeg with plugin) same goes to MLT.

Sorry about not having patch but in the current state of code (because
playing it's not working correct).. if someone wants it i'll send it..

Thanks,
Tuukka

Live Security Virtual Conference