Thank you. I wrote that table by looking for pictures of controllers
online that I don't own and glancing through their manuals, so there may
be more details that are incorrect.

Having to manually load snd-seq-midi manually seems to be a known bug in
Arch: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/44286 . Other distributions do not
have this issue. It would be good for other users if you posted this on
the forum and/or put it on the wiki somewhere.