Thanks a lot daniel for your test.

I will try to answer to all your points and will reorder them:

* The setup seams to be not signed: "Unbekannter Herausgeber"

Right. I will try to see if we can have it signed, but think this
involves having a mixxx-developper keypair to sign the package and I
don't think we have one
 * Nice Artwork :-) However, it contains the 1.11 Deere Skin

yes, this is only a quickly made test artwork. Controller photo also
needs to be changed by our own picture (or a free (as in free speech)
one)
 * The XP warning feels to hard for me, compared to the fact that there
are no known issues.

What will be correct wording for you ?
 * The End-user license need to be polished. ** No pronotional Tracks
** "You should have received a copy of" but the copy follows just after.

** It feels wired that the License starts with the external libraries

The text is taken from the LICENCE file. If text update is needed,
please open a PR against this file.
 ** Line breaks are looking missplaces

yes, there are issues with linebreaks. starting from a text file with
linebreaks and transform it to RTF is not an easy task. so for now, I
just openned it with wordpad and saves it untouched as RTF.
 ** Embedded links are highlighted but not clickable

Windows installer framework limitation. Nothing I can do.
 * Translations are a separate part, but there is no hint what will be
the language without it.

ok, I will add that in the comment.

* Clicking on "Disk Usage" stalls the setup with a pressed button for
approx 20 s

Windows installer framework logic. It scan all drives to detect disk
usage => slow.
The only thing I can do is to remove completely this dialog, but I don't
think it's a good idea.

The following items are because you installed on top of a previous
installation: * Translations are 0 kB

yes, the installer is smart enough to detect that you already have all
files installed in the destination path, so installing this will take no
additionnal space on your disk.
Try installing on a mixxx-free system, you will see that size differ.
 * After installation I have two "Manual" links in the start menu

yes, old installer one and new installer one.
 * The old uninstaller link remains in Startmenu

yes

* In control panel -> Software is a long list of Mixxx versions I have
testes.

They were there before the installation with the new installer

* Uninstall plain "Mixxx" entry works only partial

can you explain a bit more this one ?
I think it uninstalls correctly what it has installed, but former
installations let files behind.

so not having a migration path from former installer to newer one seems
to be a problem.
we have two ways of adressing this :
1) detect if mixxx is already installed and forbid installation if a
former installation from the previous installer is detected
2) write some (external and embedded) cleanup code that completely
remove all traces from a previous installation

the second has my preference but seems harder as it involves writing an
autonomous cleanup executable and embedding it into the installer.

---

Sébastien Blaisot

Links:
------