On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 07:32:40AM +0100, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:

Good morming ;-)

> > mplex -f 8 -S 400 -o name%d.mpg "001.mp*"
> > to mux files together, but I alwasy get 2 Gb files :-(
> That is a correct behavior of mplex.
>
> > Any idea on how to use this option?
> man mplex

Well, do you really think I haddn't?
I am too stupid to understand how to use the -S option:

       -S|--max-segment-size num
              This option specifies the maximum size of output files in MBytes
              (2^10).  The default is 2000 Mbytes (splitting output before  2G
              limits  can  hit).   When  the  limit  is reached a  new file is
              started.

So what's wrong with my -S 400?

I am a little bit disapointed by this answer :-(

Please CC to me as I am not in this ml, thank you very much,

        Grégoire