My system is a 2p Xeon with an Iomega BUZ card. I'm running RH8.0
with custom 2.4.20 kernel. I've compiled and installed driver-zoran,
jpeg-mmx, avifile, quicktime4linux, libmovtar and mjpegtools-1.6.1.
It took me a while to get it right, but it now appears the compile and
install was successful.

I'm now doing test videos - the input source is DirecTV through SVHS.
xawtv works. lavrec works, and the result can be played back successfully
using lavplay -p S record.avi (software playback). The playback window
is very small.

When I try lavplay -p H record.avi the playback window is larger, and
it will either a) play once and only once, after which I have to reboot
the machine to get it to playback again; or b) playback once and then
during a second attempt it will start to play back and freeze. Note
it doesn't hang the system, it just refuses to do any more hardware
playback.

So there's some problem with hardware playback through the BUZ
card - this is annoying since I'm doing testing and I don't want to keep
rebooting the machine. Is there a way to resolve this issue, and/or potentially
"re-initialize" the hardware playback so I can continue to do playback testing
without rebooting?

Thx, Randy

[AND BY THE WAY, I want to express my appreciation to
participants on this list inluding Ronald Bultje, Bernhard Praschinger
and Gernot Ziegler, who have already been so helpful to me in my
Linux video project. This type of participation exemplifies the
spirit of "open source" and "community"].

[EMAIL PROTECTED] rbroman]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: PF
zoran                 127440   0
zr36060                 9704   1
saa7185                 4444   0
saa7111                 4828   0
videocodec              7124   2  [zoran zr36060]
i2c-algo-bit            8744   1  [zoran]
i2c-core               17764   0  [zoran saa7185 saa7111 i2c-algo-bit]
videodev                8128   1  [zoran]
emu10k1                73288   0  (autoclean)
sound                  73196   0  (autoclean) [emu10k1]
ac97_codec             13416   0  (autoclean) [emu10k1]
soundcore               6212   7  (autoclean) [emu10k1 sound]
nvidia               1592896  10  (autoclean)
vmnet                  26752   4
vmmon                  25396   0  (unused)
vpnmod                194304  -1  (unused)
e1000                  51904   1
ide-scsi               12272   0