Hey all,

A new release of your all-time favourite driver (well, the WLAN drivers
are cooler, but still ;-) ) is available! This time, we (me) have
decided unanymously to call this release 0.9.4!

Changes since our last episode:
* Add YUY2 overlay (fullscreen/hardware-scaled)
* use __stringify() for array insmod options
* fix stupid flaw in open() logic (could result in oops)
* fix 2.5.x build
* remove lots of 'dead' includes from zoran_driver.c
* remove DataErr from the zr36060 IRQMask, this autoresets the chip when
    it loses sync, which means we don't get a timeout. Much better than
    all the manual restart handling (which only worked partly).
* introduce workaround for kfree-in-munmap-handler oops
* implement support for bitmaps rather than clips for overlay
* use try_module_get()/module_put() instead of MOD_INC/DEC_USE_COUNT
    in 2.5.x... Also implement i2c_driver->owner for all i2c clients

This means, in short, that it shouldn't timeout anymore, it shouldn't
oops anymore, and it should use 'true' fullscreen now (hardware-scaled)
on Xv-capable videocards. Also, it should now work under 2.5.x
(compilation is tested). I've had one report that the field order is
sometimes spontaneously switched after a signal glitch. If anyone
encounters it, I'd be interested in knowning what conditions trigger it
(of course, it shouldn't do this).

A tarball can be downloaded from the usual spot on sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5776&release_id=149014. Same as
for latest releases - it this one works well, it'll go into 2.5.x. Bugreports can be
send to me, Laurent or to this mailinglist (preferred).

Please test and let me know the results!

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>