Hey Al,

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 11:46, Al Bogner wrote:
> What is the difference between make and gmake? I always used make to
> compile.

On Linux systems, they're the same. On *BSDs, 'make' is generally BSD
make, and gmake is GNU make, which can do a bit more but has a GNU/GPL
style license instead of the BSD style license.

> I also would like to create a rpm and then install it instead of
> doing a (g)make install.

We've got pre-baked RPMs, why compile them yourself?

Well, if you really want to, take a source RPM from our sourceforge
website (http://sf.net/projects/mjpeg/) and compile it (rpm --rebuild
..), or take latest CVS, configure it and dist a tarball plus RPM
("./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr [otheroptions] && make dist && cp
mjpegtools-*.gz /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ && rpm -tb mjpegtools.spec").

Ronald

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>