Hey Alan,

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 17:07, Alan Murrell wrote:
>   Mandrake 9.1 (stock kernel)

I've played quite a lot with stock kernels, trying to actually make the
driver work with them. For RedHat, somehow, you need to include
version.h (which is discouraged in the main kernel tree) and it'll work.
I'm guessing I'm missing some easy-guess thing here, but besides this
minor issue, it just works. For Debian, it just works (period). For
Mandrake, however, I've never been able to do anything at all with the
kernel headers they provide. I'm getting the weirdest errors (not only
while compiling kernels, also while compiling apps et all), I'm mostly
just assuming that Mandrake doesn't work...

This might sound like an easy way out, but unless someone from the
Mandrake team can give me some deeper insights in how to get the driver
to compile cleanly with it, Mandrake's stock kernel headers just won't
work with external drivers, I'm affraid.

I'd suggest to just run a stock kernel for now.

HTH,

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>