--On Friday, June 20, 2003 15:53:23 +0200 Ronald Bultje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Ronald,

I think this is just part of the source signal.
As I write in my last mail to Bernhard (Thanks for the hint.), I test it this evening with a TV source through both VCRs and the TV. (I must borrow a antenna. ;-) )

The Windows 98 version of StudioDC10Plus (for those who remember it) has
a pretty neat feature where you can cut off the edges to prevent this, I
think 16 pixels or 32 pixels or so on each side (top/bottom/left/right).
I hadn't see this. On the Windowssoftware I normaly use Studio only to capture in fullsize and then use virtualdub to cut,filter and compress the video. On my captures under W2K I haven't see a big move in the part of the pics as here with Linux/Zoran. Normaly I cut only above and at the bottom same lines out, where mostly only fooling pixs from the composite signal are stay.

You can do this with lavrec too, use --geometry=X (see --help) for that.
Ok, I will test it. I had think this option is only for softcodecs!?

It's not as user-friendly as a GUI option in StudioDC10Plus, but it
should get you at least somewhere.
lavrec is very fine for me.

Let me know if it doesn't happen with other sources or with the Windows
version. In that case, I'm doing something weird.
Ok.

Die besten Gruesse aus Berlin

Lars
---
[  [EMAIL PROTECTED] --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  / OF / inb SSL]