Hi!

I read this thread and have some additional info. I can record
movies with lavrec fine (Marvel G400, Debian Woody, kernel 2.4.21, oss
sound modules), but lavplay cannot replay its own recordings
(except they were recorded without sound = switch -a 0). The error
message is (immediatelly after starting playing):

angelmachine:/home/feca$ lavplay -pH test.avi
lavplay1.6.1
lavtools version 1.6.1
**ERROR: [lavplay] Error playing audio: Audio task died. Reason: Error
Audio ring buffer overflow

I used an onboard via ac'97 soundcard (module via686cxxx...), and
couldn't solve the problem. So i changed to my "old" sb128
PCI, and with that animal all seems to be ok (with a shared irq...).
So the problem must be really a driver issue, and with older and
better supported cards can be overrided.

Hi: Feca